You can reach Outback, via:
- north-west from Brisbane on the Warrego Highway
- west from Rockhampton on the Capricorn Highway
- west from Townsville on the Overlander's Way (Flinders Highway & Barkly Highway)
- north via Bourke along the Kidman Way from north-west New South Wales to connect with the Matilda Highway.
Greyhound Australia services all towns on the Warrego and Landsborough Highways between Brisbane, Charleville, Longreach and Mount Isa; and on the Overlander's Way between Townsville and Mount Isa with connections to the Northern Territory.
Outback rail journey starts with one of the three authentic Outback trains.
- Spirit of the Outback - Brisbane to Longreach
- The Westlander - Brisbane to Charleville
- The Inlander - Townsville to Mt. Isa
Air services to Outback Queensland include Brisbane to Charleville, Blackall, Barcaldine, Longreach and Mount Isa as well as the services to the following Outback destinations; Townsville to Mount Isa direct or via Hughenden, Richmond, Julia Creek and Cloncurry; Townsville to Longreach via Winton; Brisbane to Mount Isa via Charleville, Quilpie, Windorah, Birdsville, Bedourie and Boulia; Brisbane to Thargomindah via Cunnamulla, St George and Oakey; Brisbane to Moranbah.